Covid-19 Updates Related to Parish Liturgies and Programs
- There will be a limit to the number of cars we can park at safe distances in our lot; therefore, you will need to reserve a space in advance. Click here to sign up online or call 781.893.8461 and leave a message with your name and phone number.
- You may only enter from the Grove Street side at the far end of the lot near the Beaverbrook apartments where parking attendants will guide you to a space. Please be patient and kind and arrive at least 15 minutes early so we can get everyone parked.
- You must remain in your car throughout the duration of the Mass, but you'll be able to see the outdoor altar & Fr. Dennis.
- You will be able to listen to Mass by tuning into a station with your car radio.
- At the conclusion of the Mass, parking attendants will direct you towards the exit where you may receive the Eucharist in your car.
- For those wishing to continue with social distancing, you will have the option to make a spiritual communion and you can let the parking attendant know you are not receiving. They will direct you out a different exit.
- You must wear a mask when receiving Communion; you may remove it only once Fr. Dennis/the Eucharist Minister move away.
- All parishioners must adhere to social distancing guidelines, provide their own masks, and supply their own hand sanitizer.
- There will be no access to bathrooms and all parish buildings are closed.
- Mass will like be about 20-25 min. with no music; however, you should arrive 15 min. prior to the start and should expect the exiting to take a few extra minutes.
We plan to continue with "Drive-In" Mass on Sundays at 10 as the weather allows; however, due to the fluidity of this health crisis we will monitor and reassess plans as needed. We look forward to being back in the main church, but only when it's safe to do so.
At this current time, the following guidelines for other parish activities/programs are as follows:
- The celebrations of Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals are allowed; however, there are restrictions and attendance limits.
- The celebrations of First Communion & Confirmation have not yet been rescheduled as we await guidance. (Hoping for Spring 2021)
- Faith Formation classes for students in ALL grades Pre-K thru 5, The Edge (Grade 6-8), R.O.C (Gr. 9&10), and Adult RCIA will move to a virtual platform for the 2020-21 school year. (Details forthcoming)
- All parish activities, events and programs are suspended. However, parish groups that can meet virtually are invited to do so.
- The distribution of food through our Parish Food Pantry is temporarily suspended.
- We are not able to accept food donations benefiting the Parish Food Pantry at this time, but for those able to donate non-perishables we encourage you to support the Salvation Army food bank which is still distributing food at this time.
- We will resume our monthly Bristol Lodge Service project in July; however, we will need donations of specific food items which much be individually wrapped/packaged. You may click here to learn more and sign up.
- Monetary donations for Bristol Lodge will also be accepted so that we can purchase portions of the meals that may be needed. Checks should be made payable to "Sacred Heart Youth Ministry" (please write "Bristol Lodge" in the memo section).
We continue to pray for all those who are ill and those facing hardship and anxiety during this time. We also pray for all those on the front lines especially our first responders and those working in the health and research fields who strive to bring hope and healing to all those impacted by this virus.
Celebrate together from home...
Worship & Prayer Resources: We will continue to stream Mass on our You Tube station for all those who wish to join us in prayer virtually. Click here to access our station.
We are currently navigating the many guidelines and requirements provided to us by both the Archdiocese of Boston and the MA Board of Health. We will not open until we can ensure the safety of our parishioners. We will continue to stream Masses for all those wishing to join us from home now and for the foreseeable future
"Drive-In" Sunday Mass at 10:00 AM (beginning on June 14th)
*You must reserve a space ahead of time. (Details forthcoming)
The parish offices are closed at this time.
Our phone lines and emails are open and we are working from home to return messages as quickly as possible.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION SCHEDULE 2019-2020
At this time all faith formation classes & activities are suspended due to the Covid-19 crisis.
Click to download the current schedule: Class Schedule
Download a copy of the Mass Responses and Prayers card: New Responses in Liturgy
SIGN-UP FOR PARISH NEWS UPDATES
Connect to our database. We use Constant Contact email blasts as a way to communicate timely parish information. By joining, you'll receive the latest news about Covid-19 closures and other relevant parish news.
Sunday Soundbites is a weekly, 90-second radio homily based on the Sunday readings, written and read by Fr. Greg Friedman, O.F.M.
Sunday Soundbites is also heard on Catholic radio stations around the country.
~ Franciscan Media Productions
Parish Administrative Assistants
Director of Parish Faith Formation
Youth Ministers - High School & Young Adult
Youth Minister - Middle School Edge
Youth Choir Director
Life Teen Music Director